Château du Rouët is now run by the fifth generation of the Savatier family, who have owned it since 1840. The Château was originally known for selling pinewood and cork from their surrounding forest. Vines were planted in 1927, to act as a firebreak to protect the forest. The first bottled wine of Château du Rouët appeared in 1945, a means of generating income after the lean wartime years. Today, brothers, Martin and Matthieu Savatier run the Château, with Martin looking after the vineyards and Matthieu making the wines.
The property is situated at the foothills of the Estérel mountain range, which spans the coast of Provence. They own 85 hectares of vines which grow on distinctive red, volcanic rock soil at an altitude of 560 metres.
The south-facing vineyards benefit from warm, sunny days and are cooled by the Mistral and sea breezes which add elegance and freshness to the wines. The estate practices la lutte raisonnée, working the soils with organic fertilizers, such as manure..